guix-devel

RE: [swh-devel] Call for public review - SWH Nix/GNU Guix stack

From: Antoine R. Dumont (@ardumont)
Subject: RE: [swh-devel] Call for public review - SWH Nix/GNU Guix stack
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:04:40 +0100

>> My understanding is that so far these URLs were ignored by the
>> lister/loader because they didn’t end in *.tar.*.⁰

FWIW, in the "new" lister [1] implementation, there are a bunch of extra
computations done [1] to try and resolve those situations. It's trying
to fetch more information from upstream server (e.g. crates urls which
ends in /download, ...) now. It's probably not exhaustive though.

[1]
https://gitlab.softwareheritage.org/swh/devel/swh-lister/-/blob/master/swh/lister/nixguix/lister.py?ref_type=heads

>> I’m sure Simon Tournier (Cc’d) already discussed with others at SWH
>> how crucial it is for us to be able to query content by nar hash.

> So yeah, we are looking forward to some ExtID interface.  :-)

Yes, and there is an ongoing merge request about the new interface [2]

[2] https://gitlab.softwareheritage.org/swh/devel/swh-web/-/merge_requests/1220

Cheers,
tony / Antoine R. Dumont (@ardumont)

gpg fingerprint BF00 203D 741A C9D5 46A8 BE07 52E2 E984 0D10 C3B8