guix-devel

Re: [swh-devel] Call for public review - SWH Nix/GNU Guix stack

From: Antoine R. Dumont (@ardumont)
Subject: Re: [swh-devel] Call for public review - SWH Nix/GNU Guix stack
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:44:36 +0100

Hello,

> Is that because the changes you describe were done after the staging
> data was loaded or is it a bug?

Our staging instance inherits its append-only property from our main
archive. In the staging case (for "prototypes", soon-to-be-deployed new
feature or so), that makes it hard to see through the "old bug" noise.
It's old origins that were ingested initially with a first version of
the lister (which got iteratively fixed).

----

@anlambert made a pass this week in docker (from scratch) to check (thx ;)

> Excellent!  I believe this addresses a problem we recently reported
> regarding tarballs published with our own content-addressed URLs, which
> look like:
>

> https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/file/BiocNeighbors_1.20.0.tar.gz/sha256/0a5wg099fgwjbzd6r3mr4l02rcmjqlkdcz1w97qzwx1mir41fmas

As a result, he actually enhanced the listing so the urls mentioned
earlier ^ is treated correctly out of the data in the url. (@me That
needs a bump in deployment [for next week])

Early on, I was referring to another heuristic using a HEAD query to
parse header informations [if any]. As that specific url does not
provide any, so it passed through.

----

Note: cc-ed julien@malka.sh instead of community@nixos.org (as asked in
the thread)

Cheers,
--
tony / Antoine R. Dumont (@ardumont)

gpg fingerprint BF00 203D 741A C9D5 46A8 BE07 52E2 E984 0D10 C3B8