guix-devel

Re: Committers available for Patch hacking/review meet-up?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Committers available for Patch hacking/review meet-up?
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:04:51 +0100

Hello,

thanks, Steve, for getting things going!

Am Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 02:48:08PM +0000 schrieb Steve George:
> We said they'd be every 13 days, for 3 months to see if it has interest.
> Proposed calendar:
> 7th March (Thursday)

I will be around on this day.

> 2nd April (Tuesday)
> 15th April (Monday)
> 3rd May (Friday)
> 16th May (Thursday)
> 29th May (Wednesday)
> Each one held at 19:00 CET / 18:00 BST / 13:00 EST [0] for 1.5 hours.

For these, we will have the daylight savings time switch; so maybe we
should move to 19:00 CEST. Something we can do later.

> What I propose is that we'd do the following:
> 1 - 30 mins: a committer runs through their review process, and shows a
> recent patch or patches they've reviewed. Really informal showing what they
> do.

Well, I only ever look at simple packages, and do not think I have anything
resembling a process to share. But I will try to be around in any case :)

Andreas