guix-devel

Re: Debugging missing architecture support

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Debugging missing architecture support
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 20:12:10 +0200

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 02:26:46PM +0100, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> Hi Guix experts,
>
> in trying to build a Docker image for ARM64 (aarch64-linux), I am
> hitting errors of the kind
>
>   "package git-annex@10.20230926 does not support aarch64-linux"
>
> There doesn't seem to be anything specifically in the package
> definitions that precludes building for aarch64-linux, so I suspect it's
> either a dependency or the build system that lacks the required support.
>
> How would I go about debugging such issues? Maybe the causes are simple
> and I can fix them. But I don't even know where to start.

Currently GHC is only supported on i686 and x86_64.

(use-modules (gnu packages)(guix packages))
(supported-package? (specification->package "git-annex"))
$1 = ("x86_64-linux" "i686-linux")

As far as tracking back from git-annex to ghc to see that it's not
supported on aarch64, I'm not sure how you would find that information.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא