guix-devel

Re: Debugging missing architecture support

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Debugging missing architecture support
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 18:22:33 +0100

Hi Ludo,

> This shows an attempt to compile libwebp natively for aarch64-linux,
> which fails on your machine.
>
> To cross compile, you would run:
>
>   guix build python-jupyterlab --target=aarch64-linux-gnu

That's already what I did, by giving the same option to "guix pack".

I had someone check on a real ARM machine, and there libwebp compiles
just fine. There seems to be some cross-compilation issues, for whatever
reasons - this isn't my priority for now.

I ended up tracking down all the issues with the container I was trying
to produce, and in the end it's always ghc that prevents builds for
aarch64-linux. Most frequently by having pandoc as a dependency.

I'll have to take a closer look at Efraim's diff (thanks Efraim!),
but I fear it's above my paygrade.

Cheers,
  Konrad.