guix-devel

Please hold your horses

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Please hold your horses
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 10:50:36 +0100

Hi MSavoritias,

Could you please stop to propagate tangential or opinionated views?
Please hold your horses.

You wrote several times, about Software Heritage:

>                                                  being also transphobic.

[…]

> I would go a step further actually. Software Heritage is effectively
> breaking CoC of Guix now.

[…]

>                                              Software Heritage
> implements a process that respects trans rights Software Heritage should
> not be welcome in Guix Spaces.

[…]

>                                                          Software
> Heritage is breaking CoC here.

This language is not acceptable on Guix channel of communication.

It appears to me much better to stay open and let the benefit
of the doubt.  Let avoid bold conclusions and prefer constructive
arguments.

For instance, I refrain to qualify your opinion because it would not be
helpful… So I apply my own advice letting you the benefit of the
doubt.

Cheers,
simon