guix-devel

Re: System can no longer be reconfigured

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: System can no longer be reconfigured
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:17:05 +0200

Hi,

Felix Lechner via "Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System
distribution." <guix-devel@gnu.org> skribis:

> I can no longer reconfigure a system with any of these methods:
>
> 1. "guix deploy" which I use almost exclusively
> 2. "guix system reconfigure" after a recent pull
> 3. "./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure" with a recent Git checkout.
>
> Guix hangs during the system activation step.  Any ideas?

Is it not hanging during Shepherd service upgrade?  (I think you
mentioned that elsewhere.)

If that is the case, (1) that is not preventing upgrade from happening
since that’s the very last step (it just means you’ll have to reboot),
and (2) it’s a shepherd-related bug for which perhaps there are clues in
/var/log/messages?

HTH!

Ludo’.