guix-europe

Re: Meet Guix at Capitole du Libre in Toulouse, nov. 18-19

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: Meet Guix at Capitole du Libre in Toulouse, nov. 18-19
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:27:02 +0000

Hi Andreas,

El 21/11/23 a las 21:22, Andreas Enge escribió:
Hello Luis,

Am Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 07:48:56PM +0000 schrieb Luis Felipe:
Here's a visit card in the same style of the kakemono:
https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/downloads/pdf/gnu-guix-visit-card-A01-EN-90x50mm.pdf
The source is in https://codeberg.org/luis-felipe/guix-graphics/
(promotional/cards).
Julien had ordered new stickers (very nice, but the black ones are rather
dark grey) and visit cards. All of them have been a great success: I really
like the orange Guix colour, and the visit card with the QR code towards
our home page is very nice. We have given it out a lot, and I think it
is at the same time catchy with the sentence explaining Guix, and will
hopefully direct people to us.

So thanks a lot for this, again and as usual, nice design! And thanks to
Julien for ordering, I suggest we reimburse his expenses through our funds.

To summarise our visit, it has been very pleasant. We were regularly three
persons around the stand, with at least two more people not "registered"
on this mailing list joining us in addition and presenting Guix; so we
could enjoy talking to strangers, chatting among ourselves, but also
attending a talk or visiting other stands. The event was relatively small
(a few hundred people, I would say). Well, so not that small, but I am
used to FOSDEM now... I think we attracted a bit of curiosity and also
went towards people not daring to approach the stand... The crowd was
varied, some very technical people, for instance enquiring why we thought
they should move from Nix to Guix; some just curious; some very happy with
their current distro but still curious; and some to whom we could not
recommand Guix, for instance the person wanting to get rid of Google on
their Android tablet. If anything comes out of it, we may see, or maybe
never know, but in any case I had a good time.

I think it would be nice if we could try to get a stand at FOSDEM.

Glad to hear it went well :)

Someone took an indirect picture of you and posted in the Fediverse:

https://piaille.fr/@usul/111430665523316737

Regarding the black stickers that look kinda gray, is the source file online? Maybe I can take a look and fix it if you want.