gwm-general

[Gwm-general] People who are growing are people who are learning to love

From: Joan I. Keith
Subject: [Gwm-general] People who are growing are people who are learning to love and serve God and others.
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:26:57 +0100

If you're one of those people this morning, here's what God says to you
"Just close your eyes and jump into serving me and others and see what
happens.
Some chocolate bunnies are OK in moderation, others are wrong no matter
the dose. Many people never figure out what God created them to do and
they live miserable, unfulfilled lives.
God wants you to finish that race to be a winner, just as Jesus was. He
lived a perfect life and He fully reflected the image of God.
Something that appears good, something that is pleasurable to give into,
yet in the end it will make you sick.
yyy
We Love this company and at anytime they can put out major news and the
price can triple.
Trading Date : Monday, November 27, 2006
Company : CHINA HEALTH MGT
S t o c k  : C N H C
Price : $1 . 4 4 Expected Target : $5 - $7
We want to congratulate all of our members who read our Trading Alert on
CNHC last time.
yyy
Now, most people think there are three choices in life: serve God, serve
myself or serve the devil.
And when you are doing in life what you were created to do, you couldn't
live a better life.
But when you invest in growth God's way, you become more and more like
the all-time champion, Jesus Christ. I hear it nearly every week from
people and it basically goes like this. The difficulty you have in
serving God, stems from wrong thinking.
You should use your SHAPE to serve God in your church. Now this runs
contrary to the me-first culture of our time. They were missing the
point of life. Something that appears good, something that is
pleasurable to give into, yet in the end it will make you sick. It has
parts that are easy enough for a child to understand and other parts
that even advanced scholars have yet to decipher.
Many people never figure out what God created them to do and they live
miserable, unfulfilled lives.
" God uses a number of tools to help each person grow during their
lives.
" Why did God put us on this journey called life? But the other path
will lead you closer to God, the path where you refuse temptation.
The recipe had called for one teaspoon of garlic as seasoning but our
child had interpreted it as one cup of garlic.
Imagine what thoughts went through my head: "God, I think you've made a
big mistake. He concluded that he wished it was possible to live a
Christian life without being a Christian, yet it didn't seem to work
that way.
The Bible makes it very clear that you are not going to come back
another time in another body or any such thing. Troubles are meant to
teach you lessons from God and to help you grow.
They think that when they reach those goals they will have accomplished
something of great importance in life, then they will have arrived.
" We're in the middle of a series about spiritual growth. We often don't
take time to think things through, we just react and give into
temptation.
There are many different kinds of pots, each to serve a different
function.
In the parable of the sower and the seed, the four different kinds of
soil represent four kinds of people. He concluded that he wished it was
possible to live a Christian life without being a Christian, yet it
didn't seem to work that way.
The answer is that when you understand how God created you, you are much
closer to figuring out what you were created to do. Healthy believers
grow spiritually throughout their lives. This morning I want to
encourage you to offer all of yourself to God, accept your assignment
from God. One way to begin to understand the wonderful way that God has
created you is with the acronym SHAPE. So how can you use your SHAPE to
minister to others and serve God? To live a happy, fulfilled life, you
have only one option, to do what God created you to do.
The faith of believers gives rise to serving others.
When you are tempted you have a choice to either give in to the
temptation or to reject the temptation.
Today my message is entitled "The Purpose of Temptation. Something that
appears good, something that is pleasurable to give into, yet in the end
it will make you sick. " God wants you to grow in every dimension of
your life, growth involves change.
Now this runs contrary to the me-first culture of our time. Having a
successful life begins in the mind.
You can go down the right fork or the left fork.
God shaped you in a special way because He has a special task, a special
ministry for you.
The things you do wrong, begin with wrong thinking. God wants every
believer to mature and become a teacher of others.
Each of those five aspects makes you who you are and makes you
completely different than anyone else who has every lived or who will
ever live.
That's the point of life.
God wants you to finish that race to be a winner, just as Jesus was.
I became interested in science and chemistry in grade school. Each of
those five aspects makes you who you are and makes you completely
different than anyone else who has every lived or who will ever live.
Love for God expresses itself in acts of service to those within and
without the church. "My life is in such trouble that I've got to look
out for myself first.
He has a purpose in allowing temptation to come into your life.
He began to help me overcome my fear of speaking and to get better at it
and here I am today, no longer mixing chemicals, but serving as a
pastor.
So how can you use your SHAPE to minister to others and serve God?