help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] Ellipsoids

From: Martijn van Manen
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] Ellipsoids
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:25:47 -0500

Hi Laurence, ( and other members of the mailing list )

I know I should CC this to help-3dldf, but each time I type a message,
I don't seem to have the address at hand. Plz. forgive me my lazy behaviour.
The address was address@hidden
I take it that you found my remarks useful? If so I can write some more.
There should be some stuff about how to determine eigenvectors, and
intersections of these objects, etcetera.
You can do with them whatever you want. I just wanted to help you,
because I thought it was nice and useful what you were trying to do.
Whether or not you put my name somewhere, I really don't care. Do as
you see fit.
All that info though is explained much better by other people. Say Marcel
Berger's Geometry book, the 1977 french original has just been translated
I believe. For the numerical determination of eigenvalues and so, check
any applied math book. Though mavbe all that makes tough reading for the
uninitiated.
And, yes, I used TeX. It is not clear to me whether I can use the AMS-LaTeX
( some extensions to LaTeX that come in very handy when writing mathematical
texts, environments for multiline equations, and so on. ) in a TeX info
document. Probably not.
I know some TeX-info, but not a lot. If you really need this stuff in
tex-info, I can try.

GRTZ,

Martijn

PS. Hey! I just opened another tab. Now I can CC to address@hidden