help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: HELP TO INSTALL 1.2.0.0 RELESASE.

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: HELP TO INSTALL 1.2.0.0 RELESASE.
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:44:33 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Laurence Finston wrote:

> The next time I'm at a
> computer where I can do this, I'll  replace `Scanner_Node' with `void*' in the
> declarations of the `Pointer_Vector' functions,

Well, I didn't do this, because it shouldn't have been necessary, anyway.
And now `Scanner_Type' is fully defined when these functions are declared.

> and move the definitions to a
> file processed after `io.web'.  `Scanner_Type' is defined in the latter file.

But I did do this.  The `Scanner_Type' objects are accessed in
`Pointer_Vector' functions, which should cause an error if `Scanner_Type'
is incompletely defined, which was previously the case.  In other words,
without checking the standard, I think it should have caused an error on
my system.

I've now uploaded the new versions of the files to Savannah, along with a
new snapshot.  I always update the snapshot on the ftp server here at
the same time, so unless either it or Savannah is down, they will always
be synchronized.

My suggestion about using `ediff' to merge in my changes is only if
someone is interested in what my specific changes were, or to avoid
unnecessary recompilation.  However, if I change `pspglb.web', which
happens very frequently, everything except `loader.cxx' will have to be
recompiled anyway.  So it's reasonable to just delete the entire directory
and rebuild from scratch, having first saved any user code in a safe
place.  However, using CVS is probably the best solution.

I looked around for a machine here where I could reproduce the error that
occurred on your system, but I couldn't find one.  I hope I've fixed the
problem now.  If not, please let me know.

Thanks.

Laurence