Re: [Help-bash] Patching shellshock fixes for 2.05

From: Mohan Kannekanti
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Patching shellshock fixes for 2.05
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 13:03:51 -0700

​Hi Chet,

Thanks for the reply.

I am sorry, I am bit confused. Do you mean that 2.05 version is not
vulnerable at all ​or those patches should resolve that vulnerability.

I get this after running 'curl https://shellshocker.net/fixbash | sh' (from
https://shellshocker.net/) on patched bash.

-------------------------------------
# cat /tmp/shellshock_test.sh | bash
CVE-2014-6271 (original shellshock): not vulnerable
bash: shellshocker: command not found
CVE-2014-6278 (Florian's patch): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-7169 (taviso bug): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-//// (exploit 3 on http://shellshocker.net/): not vulnerable
CVE-2014-7186 (redir_stack bug): not vulnerable
bash: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
bash: line 1: `for x{1..200} in ; do :'
*CVE-2014-7187 (nested loops off by one): VULNERABLE*
------------------------------------

Also, I had to manually patch Florian's fix (
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-2.05b-patches/bash205b-010)  as there were
changes in 'mk_env_string()' declaration and also environment variables
storage (Hash tables were introduced).
I am little concerned about the patch too whether it is done correctly or
not.

Can you please help me finding the proper fix.??

Thanks,
Mohan.

--

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the
use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed.