Re: [Help-bash] Patching shellshock fixes for 2.05

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Patching shellshock fixes for 2.05
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 16:42:13 -0400

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 01:03:51PM -0700, Mohan Kannekanti wrote:
> I am sorry, I am bit confused. Do you mean that 2.05 version is not
> vulnerable at all ???or those patches should resolve that vulnerability.

The fact that Chet has backported fixes all the way back to Bash 2.05b
(which was released in July 2002) shows, in my opinion, dedication
above and beyond the call of duty.

2.05b is the final release of the Bash 2.x series.  To run anything
older than that, within the same series, is not a reasonable stance.
2.05 was released in April 2001.  That's 13 and a half years ago.
Nobody supports software that old.