Re: [Help-bash] New bash build as default shell

From: Matthew Cengia
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] New bash build as default shell
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:55:21 +1100

On 2014-10-05 16:16, John Aten wrote:
[...]
> Things got hinky, though when I tried to change my regular, non-root
> user account. While logged in as my regular user, I entered chsh, but
> when I typed in the path, it says that I had entered an invalid shell.
> I tried sudo chsh, and the same.

Did you confirm that the path to your new bash is in /etc/shells?

address@hidden:tmp$ man chsh | grep -A1 /etc/shells
       must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and
       then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell
--
       /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted
       shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia