Re: Exclude builtins from command completion

From: kaycee gb
Subject: Re: Exclude builtins from command completion
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 16:46:11 +0000

Le Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:39:10 -0500,
Greg Wooledge <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 11:31:02PM +0000, kaycee gb wrote:
> > I know that it starts to be old. But It's just I can't leave my slack 14.1
> > like this :/
>
> > For the slack pc, I tried to bump bash from slack 14.2 but still too
> > old, there is no -I :/
>
> Leave your operating system's version of bash alone.  Touching that is
> likely to break something that won't be easily fixed.

Like said before in another reply, bumping up bash version (from OS's next
version) did not help to have the working condition I wanted. In
addition, it showed a problem with a variable, MANWIDTH or COLWIDTH, something
like that. Potentially others.

I have rollbacked bash to the version present in version of the operating
system's package repository.

But changes like this help me to learn, the hard way. ;)

> Get the source code and compile bash yourself, and install it in
> /usr/local or in /opt/bash5 or something.  Now you'll have multiple
> versions of bash installed, and you can use whichever one you want,
> and not have to worry about breaking operating system scripts.

Interesting possibility. I have not thought about that. I keep that in my head.
Thanks :)

kaycee,