Re: Exclude builtins from command completion

From: Chet Ramey
Subject: Re: Exclude builtins from command completion
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:59:14 -0500

On 1/17/20 12:18 PM, kaycee gb wrote:

When I was trying to achieve that, by accident I entered a colon ":" at an empty
prompt. I expected that it will do nothing but in fact that lists all files in
the current directory.

This comes up every now and then.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2003-01/msg00088.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2016-12/msg00029.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2019-06/msg00038.html

In this case, readline completes an empty filename.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    address@hidden    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/