Re: Passing list of filename suffixes to script.

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: Passing list of filename suffixes to script.
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 12:48:19 -0400

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 05:51:26PM +0200, dora-solomon@brusseler.com wrote:
> I want to pass a list of filename suffixes to a bash script.

And then do what with them?

> Need also to accept CVS with filename

I don't understand what this means.

> suffixes ,v and the usual period (dot) suffixes ( e.g. .c .f ).  But perhaps
> there are other filename
>
> suffixes to accept, or else accept any pattern.

But... what is the script supposed to do with them?

The arguments you receive are in the positional parameters, "$1" and so
on, or "$@" for the full set.  You can iterate over them (usually with
a for loop), or you can pass them all en masse to some other command with
"$@".

Are you trying to construct a find command, or an rsync command, or
something?  Please be specific about what you want to do.