SSH Questions

From: Julius Hamilton
Subject: SSH Questions
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 18:59:53 +0200

Hey,

I’d like to SSH into Termux, a terminal emulator app, from the iOS app
Termius.

Following this online guide:
https://joeprevite.com/ssh-termux-from-computer

I set a password with the command passwd and found my username with the
command whoami. I believe I found my IP address with the command ifconfig.
It returned three IP addresses, lo, rmnet, and wlan0. I decided to use the
last one.

I started the SSH with sshd. I then tried to check it with “logcat -s
‘ssh:*’”. This returns “———- beginning of main”, rather than the port
number as the guide says. I also tried to SSH in with the credentials and
it said it can’t be reached.

Does anyone know why this is? I’m asking here because the SSH mailing list
says you have to read the docs first, which I’m doing but it’s gonna take
me a while.

Is the issue that openssh is not configured well for Termux so it’s not
actually starting on the port?

Thank you,
Julius