Re: why are pipeline commands (allowed to be) executed in subshells?

From: Philippe Cerfon
Subject: Re: why are pipeline commands (allowed to be) executed in subshells?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 03:31:03 +0100

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 3:15 AM Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
> We're going to need more information.  Are you running a script, or are
> you typing that while loop into an interactive shell?

It's actually a SSH remote command, with RequestTTY=force, so the
shell does receive the signal and it's not handled by the ssh client.
So SSH uses bash -c "command" and all happens in there.

Guess that's like a script.

> Are you sending INT by "kill -2" or by pressing Ctrl-C (or Del or whatever)?

Actually tried both, seems to make no difference. HUP, I tried only via kill.

> Have you read <http://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html>?

Not yet, but will have a look at it.

Thanks,
Philippe