Re: Using Bison

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Using Bison
Date: 02 Oct 2000 12:18:07 +0200

>>>>> "Strocchi" == Strocchi Fabrizio <address@hidden> writes:

Please, don't drop the CC to the lists.

Strocchi> I am able to pass strings to my routines just for value, not
Strocchi> for address.  Then if I have defined a routine like:

Strocchi> int routine(int id,char *strinp, char *strout)

Strocchi> I am not able to return a strout modified.

Sorry, but I can't see any Bison related problem here.  It's only C
programming problems.  If you want to change STROUT, then you need a
pointer to it, i.e.

int routine (int id, char *strinp, char **strout)

and use (*strout) where you used strout before.

Strocchi> For a best explanation, with my grammar definition I can run
Strocchi> this input:

Strocchi> Id=1 Strin="12345" Strout="" routine(Id,Strin,Strout) ....

Strocchi> Id, Strin and Strout are well passed to my routine, but
Strocchi> Strout will not change else if in routine I will fill
Strocchi> Strout.

It doesn't compile.  Please, send something *complete* if you want us
to try it.

        Akim