Re: Latest version of Bison for Windows: 1.28?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Latest version of Bison for Windows: 1.28?
Date: 26 Oct 2000 14:17:48 +0200

>>>>> "cdeangel" == cdeangel  <address@hidden> writes:

cdeangel> Hello,

Hi.

cdeangel> I was using bison 1.28 on Solaris, which was just there on
cdeangel> the machine I was using.  Now I need to use bison on
cdeangel> Windows, and I was looking for the same version of it there.
cdeangel> I got the distribution, but I'm lost in terms of compiling
cdeangel> it.  The latest EXE I found on the Internet is version 1.25.
cdeangel> Which is the latest version that will run under Windows?

1.28 should do well.  It's just a matter of compiling it, and that's
probably where most work is needed.

cdeangel> If it is higher than 1.25, is there any way you can send me
cdeangel> the EXE? (and the bison.simple file?)

No idea.

cdeangel> I'm just not getting anywhere with the Makefile that's
cdeangel> generated by "configure.bat" on NT.

Then it would be particularly appreciated if you could update this
file, and send us the diffs.  Otherwise, using Mingw, Cygwin or DJGPP
should make it.