Re: Does bison support large file?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Does bison support large file?
Date: 14 Nov 2000 17:32:21 +0100

LMC> Hi, all We are using bison now.  I need help! Does bison support
LMC> large file? Does bison has any problem parsing through large
LMC> file(>2Gb)? If not, what can i do to make bison be aware of large
LMC> file?

Are you seriously using a Yacc file which is >2Gb?  Can't you split
its content?  You're going to have troubles.  I don't feel any need
for support large files in Bison, and worse yet: while Bison used to
use temporary files, it know keeps the files in RAM, which will
probably not be appreciated by your machine.

Could you give more details on the motivations for such surprising
needs?