Re: Shift reduce errors due to embedded actions

From: Axel Kittenberger
Subject: Re: Shift reduce errors due to embedded actions
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:49:12 +0200

> Yes, I was just hypothetically saying: IF bison were to go ahead (which
> it wouldn't), it wouldn't even be able to go back and undo the damage
> that the mid-rule action (that didn't need to execute afterall) had
> done..

Maybe I'm missing something, but do mid-level-rules have any sense but a
little comfort for the programmer? The only think I can think about if the
rule constructs something the lexer needs, but as Hans said already actions
and deps in the Lexer are very dangerous and need to be carefully
 constructed.

What keeps you from simply writing the action at the end?

- Axel