Re: bison & flex

From: Pascal Bart
Subject: Re: bison & flex
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:58:59 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

>I'm sunil kumar jain, and using "bison and flex" for msg parsing. Please let
>me know whether c++ files can be generated using bison & flex or not.

Bison doesn't generate C++ parser, it will be done in fewer week, but for
the moment you have to use C.

>After parsing the byte stream, I want to fill the decoded message in
>a class object.Is is possible to parse the byte stream directly through the
>buffer ( i.e. an array of character ) or first I'll have to put the array of
>bytes in a file then parsing will be done?

In fact bison calls yylex to get the number of the token found, so if you
want to use an array, you must to see that with flex, or you need to write
an yylex function, which read in your array.

Pascal Bart (address@hidden)