Re: Label problems

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Label problems
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:56:25 +0100

At 00:25 -0800 2001/10/31, ROLAND wrote:
>And what I mean with a label, is that when I try to
>scan a file that contains the word 'eccmstate' my
>parser only reads 'eccmstat' and then goes to the next
>word. Then when I try to analyze the results from the
>parser (using FLEX), I get an error because of an
>unknown label in the parsed file...

You do not give much hints of what your problems are. Here, one might guess
that you have successfully compiled the .l and .y files using Flex/Bison,
then successfully compiled their output using a C compiler, and when you
then run that program, reading a file with it, it somehow cannot recognize
the full word you expect.

Right?

If so, the problem is that the Flex generated lexer is not reading lexemes
that same way as the one generated by lex, and you need to check the Flex
settings and perhaps grammar and correct for that (unless there is a
problem in the C code).

If this is not the problem, please supply more details of what the problem
is (but not the whole batch, hoping somebody should do your work).