Re: reentrant flex, bison glue

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: Re: reentrant flex, bison glue
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:33:02 -0800 (PST)

> Maybe you'll think I'm dishonest in the following sentence, but...
> I don't see where Bison mentions Flex and binds the Flex community
> with the following prototypes.

They are from the bison manual! That's where I got them from in the first
place. I developed the flex glue by conforming to the bison API in the bison
manual. Are you telling us now that you plan to alter that API? Or that it was
not documented correctly? Or that users should not depend on it? The bison
developers made the decision to support a certain API. If flex generates code
that uses the API, I see no harm in it (for reasons I've listed in a previous,
recent email.)