Re: reentrant flex, bison glue

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: Re: reentrant flex, bison glue
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:26:39 -0800 (PST)

> Show where Bison binds *Flex*.  We do not bind Flex in anyway.  We
> have not engaged your name in our productions.
>
> Stated another way: had the option not named bison-foo, I would have
> kept quiet.

That would have obscured the point of the option, which is to glue reentrant
flex scanners to the bison pure parser API -- not to export some kind of new
calling API. Flex doesn't live under a rock and neither does bison. These two
tools are used together frequently enough that I don't see what big evil it is
if one tool touches the other, let alone MENTIONS the other tool in its manual.