Re: Bison and $ (dollarsign) token at the end

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Bison and $ (dollarsign) token at the end
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:58:59 +0200

At 18:28 +0200 2002/07/05, by way of Hans Aberg wrote:
>Sory for my poor english

That's OK -- just be careful to not say they opposite of what you want. :-)

> - I was working all night (now is 10 am. ) ... I think I must go to bad
>now ;-)

Well, if you have been up all night and it's ten in the morning, it's
probably time to go to bed. :-)

>Input to the parser is for example:
>NUMBER tg = 5;
>but it expects white space between 'tg' and '=' and '5' and ';'

The parser does not expect any characters in input, because it only parses
the tokens handed over by the lexer.

>- it looks like yylex is doing wrong
>job...

So this seems to be the problem. When using Flex, in order to zip out
white-space, one can put into the .l file the rule:
   %%
   [[:space:]]+     { /* Skip white-space. */ }
if white-space is wholly irrelevant. If white-space are relevant only in
parts, use Flex start-conditions; see the Flex manual and the
  Help-flex mailing list
  address@hidden