Re: bison help

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: bison help
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:06:52 +0200

At 14:10 +0000 2002/07/15, Fred 24 wrote:

>  my problem is to skip the \n the white-space is not my problem. I have
>trouble with the \n. When a \n occurs between rules, bison return an error.
>What can I do for the \n to be valid between rules ???

One way is to read the material you just quoted:

- Bison doesn't do anything wrong; your lexer probably gives the Bison
generated parser a token it does not recognize. So fix your lexer.

- To Flex, '\n' is white-space, see its manual; so if whitespace is
stripped out, also '\n' is stripped out. Or else strip out only \n, or give
it a token name that your Bison grammar recognizes, or if you return
characters codes as token numbers, put in a '\n' somewhere in this your
Bison grammar.

- Flex questions to the Help Flex list.