Variables produced by Bison

From: Hart, Justin
Subject: Variables produced by Bison
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:37:21 -0400

Hi, I just joined this list today.  I figured that if anybody would know
where to go for this sort of documentation, it would be here.

I am currently developing a system that uses a yacc grammar in an
interesting fashion.  Unfortunately, some things that this system does will
require me to redefine yyparse().  Of course, there is tons of documentation
on writing yacc files on the web, and I have written numerous ones before.
However, there seems to be a lack of documentation on the output files.  Is
there anywhere that I can go to find documentation on the variables in the
y.tab.c output files?  I need to know what they are in order to develop my
yyparse.

I can use either bison or the yacc distributed with the Forte compiler, but
I really need to know what these variables are in either case.

Thanks!

Justin Hart