Re: bison %union and C++

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: bison %union and C++
Date: 24 Sep 2002 14:34:04 +0200

>>>>> "Oleg" == Oleg Smolsky <address@hidden> writes:

Oleg> Hello there, here is a question that is probably asked for a
Oleg> millionth time....  But, I have done a lot of googling -
Oleg> honestly :)

Oleg> Anyway, with bison 1.49b and C++ skeleton, how do I include a
Oleg> C++ class into the bison's types? In theory, I would like to add
Oleg> std::string into the %union section, but this is prohibited by
Oleg> ANSI C++.

Oleg> So, is there any way to get bison to store one of my objects on
Oleg> its stack?

Using pointers to string.  Or make sure to have a single hierarchy,
which means that you must wrap std::string :(