start of line ?

From: Urdaneta, Alfonso E (N-Summitt Technologies)
Subject: start of line ?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 18:08:05 -0500

The language I'm parsing has comments like so.

either a 'B', a 'C', or an 'E' at the start of a line, then anything, then a
'$'.

I'm thinking the only way to look for this in bison is to have flex return
START_COMMENT when it finds a newline followed by a B, etc. so it would be

comment: START_COMMENT anything_i_want DOLLAR
        ;

This will work I think, but I can't help but feel like this is a kludge.

Any better ideas out there ?

Alfonso.