Re: start of line ?

From: Johnny_xia
Subject: Re: start of line ?
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:56:01 +0800

It is better to handle comment in flex. For example add the following rule in
flex.
[B|C|E].*$          { return COMMENT; }

This way bison only sees the COMMENT token.

Regards,
Johnny.

"Urdaneta, Alfonso E (N-Summitt Technologies)" <address@hidden> on
03/07/2003 07:08:05 AM

 To:      "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>

 cc:      (bcc: Johnny Xia/WSH/Wistron)

 Subject: start of line ?

This document is classified as     Normal

The language I'm parsing has comments like so.

either a 'B', a 'C', or an 'E' at the start of a line, then anything, then a
'$'.

I'm thinking the only way to look for this in bison is to have flex return
START_COMMENT when it finds a newline followed by a B, etc. so it would be

comment: START_COMMENT anything_i_want DOLLAR
     ;

This will work I think, but I can't help but feel like this is a kludge.

Any better ideas out there ?

Alfonso.