Re: problem linking program containing bison-generated parser

From: Volker Wegert
Subject: Re: problem linking program containing bison-generated parser
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:43:50 +0100

Laurence Finston <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'm currently trying to gain some experience with flex and bison.
> I've found that I prefer using Flex and Bison separately rather than
> together.  If you're just starting out learning Bison, I think you
> might find it easier to write your own `yylex()' function rather than
> using Flex.

As I've already got the flex part working, I wouldn't like to change this
right now :-)

>> In one of my
>> projects, I'd like to use these two tools together with some Qt classes. I'm
>> not trying to create an object-oriented parser, I'm just using Qt's string
>> and
>> list objects as I'm much more familiar with them.
> Perhaps it would simplify matters if you just used the `string' and `list'
> template classes from the C++ Standard Template Library.  You don't need
> to generate a C++ parser function.  I just generate an ordinary C parser
> function, use C++ in the actions, and compile with `g++'.

I prefer Qt to STL - not only because I know it better, but also because of
the documentation. I haven't found an adequate documentation for STL yet,
sorry :-)

As for the parser function - actually, I'm not using C++ parser functions
right now, and I don't want to. What I need is a procedural (non-oo) parser
that sets up an object tree representing the contents of the input file. This
object tree is then (or rather "will then be") used to create the output.

  Volker

--
* Volker Wegert * http://www.volker-wegert.de/contact *
* 141 Reasons why you can't find your system administrator: 68. It's 9