Re: viewing parse tree

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: viewing parse tree
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:47:04 +0200

At 05:08 +0400 2005/04/14, hz kto wrote:
I was wondering are there any tools out there that allow to view bison parse tree in graphics some sort of pseudo graphics, or any other way to help understand which branches of the parse tree depend on a particular grammar element. For example I want to find out all branches that might contain multiplication.

If you want to see that parse tree, Bison does not provide any such thing, though there is a -g option, letting you to get a VCG graph of the pushdown automaton that Bison generates. You might inquiry in the group comp.compilers for such tools. In Bison, one uses normally the hands on approach, adding the stuff by hand the rule actions.