Re: Need Help in Shift Reduce Errors

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Need Help in Shift Reduce Errors
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:36:27 +0200

On 22 Jul 2005, at 06:23, Atul Kulkarni wrote:

I am facing a problem with the Grammar i am feeding to the Bison. It
throws 2 shift reduce conflicts. Please help with this I am not able
to resolve them.

Shift/reduce conflicts can sometimes be resolved using token precedences (%left, etc.). Look into the .output file, in the states with the conflict, and there, at the conflicting rules. Set token precedences for the tokens immediately before and after the ".". If there are no such tokens, the best option for this method to work, is to rewrite the grammar, as to get them.