question

From: David Ja
Subject: question
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:15:40 -0400

Hi,
 My name is David Ja, an undergraduate student at university of
pennsylvania. I am attempting to start a minor research project myself. I
been trying to adapted bison to my own purpose but after a month of trying I
can't seem to figure out a way to make it work. All I wanted to do was to
take advantage of bison's parser which generates the DFA, which in turn,
allows me to step through the DFA in sequence generating a sample string
that fits the grammar input. For example if the grammar is the grammar for
an web address. My program will be able to generate
http://www.abc.org<http://www.abc.org>.
I have attached my "attempt" code with this email. The problem I arrive at
is I don't seem to be able to compile it with bison code. For some reason,
even if I leave it in the same folder as bison src, I still arrive at a
deference to pointer error. I'm sorry if I made an elementary mistake or
something stupid. Thank you for any help/suggestions you can give me. It is
also possible I'm not taking advantage of bison data structure the right
way. If so I am sorry if I wasted any of your time. This is my first attempt
at understand the inner working of a program of this magnitude. If I am not
being clear about something or if I email the wrong place. I am extremely
sorry. Again thank you very much for any help you can give me.
 Best,
David