Re: Bison licensing issues

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Bison licensing issues
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:14:12 +0100

On 30 Nov 2005, at 12:37, Anup V (RBIN/ECB-T1) * wrote:

I would like to use Bison for a commercial application. Could you please
let me know if I can use it without any problem. If not, could you
please let me know the licensing issues w.r.t Bison.

I think that the state of the matter (of the most recent Bison versions), is that you can freely use the C-parser in a commercial application, the same way that you can use GCC libraries and the like. Check the notice in the parser sources that Bison writes. The copyrighting of this parser only applies to the parts that derives from the skeleton file. The other parts deriving from the grammar you write is copyrighted to you. As for the GLR and C++ parsers, they may have different copyrighting notices, but may be synced in the future as to become what the C-parser has today.