Re: Bison licensing issues

From: Leon Mergen
Subject: Re: Bison licensing issues
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:05:40 +0100

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 17:07 +0530, Anup V (RBIN/ECB-T1) * wrote:
> I would like to use Bison for a commercial application. Could you please
> let me know if I can use it without any problem. If not, could you
> please let me know the licensing issues w.r.t Bison.

http://www.gnu.org/software/bison/manual/html_mono/bison.html#Conditions

"As of Bison version 1.24, we have changed the distribution terms for
yyparse to permit using Bison's output in nonfree programs when Bison is
generating C code for LALR(1) parsers. Formerly, these parsers could be
used only in programs that were free software."

Regards,

Leon Mergen