Re: inserting into tab.h, after %union

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: inserting into tab.h, after %union
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:03:31 +0100

On 4 Dec 2006, at 20:01, Joel E. Denny wrote:

Well, maybe I'm wasting your time, but I hope that helps you to get a
better feel for the names than my original post did.

I think you need to explain these much better, simply because wordings like "this is the right place to put stuff like" is too unspecific to be useful.

Since tab.cpp is often referred to
as the "code file", these names are actually quite easy to remember, in my
opinion.

I haven't heard the name "code file". I thought they were named "header" and "source" in C/C++ lingo.

%requires and %provides insert code into tab.hpp before and after the
union definition. Thus, %requires declares code that's required by the union. %provides declares code (containing declarations and definitions)
to be provided to external modules.

The problems with names like these, is that comon usage is to regulate versioning.

So I think names like "semantic-definition-preamble", "semantic- definition-postamble", or something like that, will be better. :-) Even those that like to program in the C++ C-like language subset may switch to something else than a union.