Re: inserting into tab.h, after %union

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: inserting into tab.h, after %union
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:26:10 +0100

On 4 Dec 2006, at 22:56, Joel E. Denny wrote:

The problem is that different languages use different paradigms, and it m,ay
not be possible to do this stuff in that context then.

Until we know what those languages are, I'm not sure how to handle them.

So then you cannot produce a unified commend set.

It might work for
parser specific features, but not language specific feature. In particular, for C++, there is no language requirement of a header-source setup - only a
tradition inherited from C.

If you don't use header files, you can ignore %provides. I see no problem
with that.

The point is that a name like %provides sounds as thouh it has something to do with the sematics to do, when in reality, it is a language specific file setup.

Another language, like Java

In the case of Java, Paolo Bonzini (the author of the Java skeleton) and I have already come to an agreement on how these directives will make sense.

But the point is that you say it has a structure unified with C++.