Re: inserting into tab.h, after %union

From: Jeff Inman
Subject: Re: inserting into tab.h, after %union
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:28:49 -0700

[this came out of an off-topic question by me.]

On Dec 6, 2006, at 9:00 AM, Hans Aberg wrote:
On 6 Dec 2006, at 15:31, Jeff Inman wrote:
...is there a simple way to use a C++ skeleton but to have the token
enumerants generated directly into the std namespace? yy::parser::token::FOO
is a mouthful.

Why would you want that - "std" is reserved for the implementation of the C++ compiler. It's like one should start names with "_", lest it may clash with names the compiler implementaion uses.

Yeah, but I do that all the time. In the rare event of a conflict, I change the names.
You're right, though; I do pick a different namespace than std.

Maybe I could get halfway there with %name-prefix="std".

But I think it should by now put all into a C++ namespace.

Yes, but in that namespace, I'll still have parser::token::FOO, which I feel is unnecessarily noisy. That's the "second half" that I'd like to work around.

Jeff

Jeff Inman
Parallel and Distributed Visualization
Los Alamos National Laboratory
PO Box 1663, B287 / Los Alamos, NM 87545