Re: make maintainer-check broke

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: Re: make maintainer-check broke
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:39:03 -0500

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 03:28:29PM -0500, Joel E. Denny wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Bob Rossi wrote:
>
> > > 2.61 has some corrections regarding strange test case titles, which my
> > > recent patches add to Bison.  I can't promise it'll fix your problem, but
> > > we should start there.
> >
> > I need to upgrade? If so, you should put an AC_REQUIRE line, for 2.61.
>
> Yes, thanks.  AC_PREREQ in configure.ac should be updated especially if it
> turns out that this is the culprit.  Please let me know what you find.

With a fresh check out, and autoconf 2.6.1 on my path, after running
./bootstrap.sh

configure.ac:111: warning: AM_INTL_SUBDIR is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
m4/gettext.m4:362: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is expanded from...
configure.ac:111: the top level
configure:15672: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INTL_SUBDIR
      See the Autoconf documentation.
address@hidden ~/cvs/bison/original/bison
$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

Don't know what's wrong,
Bob Rossi