Re: make maintainer-check broke

From: Joel E. Denny
Subject: Re: make maintainer-check broke
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:03:31 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Bob Rossi wrote:

> With a fresh check out, and autoconf 2.6.1 on my path, after running
> ./bootstrap.sh

You mean "./bootstrap", right?

I just tried a fresh checkout.  I'm not having any trouble.

> configure.ac:111: warning: AM_INTL_SUBDIR is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd

There's something about this in bootstrap using sed.  What's your
platform?  Could there be a sed incompatibility somehow?  This is really
something Paul Eggert would know better.

> m4/gettext.m4:362: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is expanded from...
> configure.ac:111: the top level
> configure:15672: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INTL_SUBDIR
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> address@hidden ~/cvs/bison/original/bison

Here's some more of what I'm running:

% m4 --version
GNU M4 1.4.7

Written by Rene' Seindal.

% gettext --version
gettext (GNU gettext-runtime) 0.15
Copyright (C) 1995-1997, 2000-2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Written by Ulrich Drepper.

% sed --version
GNU sed version 4.0.9
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
to the extent permitted by law.