Re: parsing compressed files with flex & bison

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: parsing compressed files with flex & bison
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:12:31 +0100

On 26 Dec 2006, at 11:48, Aïmen Troudi wrote:

I have to support compressed files in a project with flex & bison,

actually, the project support only ascii files, my question is :

How to manage compressed files (zip,gzip,bzip2,Z) with flex & bison ?

Can I used zlib library with flex & bison ?

What about unpacking them, before feeding them to the Flex generated lexer? The Bison generated parser does not care, as it only reads the tokens that the lexer feeds it.