Re: Can't compile bison/flex output files without cc?

From: Mark Redd
Subject: Re: Can't compile bison/flex output files without cc?
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 12:01:38 +0200

> One quick question what do you mean that you cant use CC in anjuta? as
> in c-compiler or what?

I meant that I don't use directly "cc" command typing it in console, but
Anjuta does it for me.

I wasn't much clear and so now I'll explain better my situation.
I've done my scanner/parser and it works fine. Now I have to realize a GUI
in order to use it, so I taught to use Anjuta+Glade.

I've not yet develop the graphical interface (it will be the next step), but
I created a simple console project composed by foo.tab.c, foo.tab.h,
lex.yy.c files.
They were the same files that worked fine when I campiled/liked them typing
"cc <>" in console.
If I compile them in Anjuta and run executable file, when the input is
syntactical correct works good, but if it isn't correct and it can't handle
error recovery it has a segmentation fault end.
How is it possible that the same source files give a different software
behaviour?

> This is the way your don't want to be working with your parser and
> lexer. I mean you want your makefile to be re-generating your parser
> and compiling if any changes.

I know this way, but I prefer to use Anjuta+Glade for GUI: it's easier.

> This sounds like a problem with your
> parser. If input isn't recognized, do you mean your lexer won't pickup
> any tokens if it cannot be matched, and then once the lexer has the
> tokens it will be passed to your parser generated by bison.

I don't think it's a problem with my parser. When I compile writing "cc .."
in console, it works fine with the same input code!

> One thing try to make sure you don't have any shift/reduce problems in
> your parser that could be a potential problem.

I haven't shift/reduce problem.
Any hints?

Mark Redd