parenthesis warnings

From: Gergely Feldhoffer
Subject: parenthesis warnings
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:26:43 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm Gergely Feldhoffer, and I'm working with bison to parse some simple
languages. The recent version of GCC produce warnings like

position.hh: In function ‘bool example::operator==(const
example::position&, const example::position&)’:
position.hh:136:69: warning: suggest parentheses around ‘&&’ within ‘||’
[-Wparentheses]

which is a bit annoying, since the code runs well. I haven't found
switches in the manual to turn on extra parentheses around &&-s.

Unfortunately the -Wnoparentheses would turn off useful warnings too.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the first one who suggest this feature.

Thank you,
Gergely Feldhoffer