Re: fixed size stack

From: Luca
Subject: Re: fixed size stack
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:33:20 +0200

As a compiler and firmware writer, I think this is a very interesting issue.

First, take into account to use the bison macro YYMALLOC and YYFREE (see bison output c file).
Then I can suggest to use a tiny and efficient memory manager like this one:
http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2008/10/17/memmgr-a-fixed-pool-memory-allocator/
I used it on a uC with 96 KB of RAM, without bison but with a RTOS running many task: a TCP-IP task to manage a webserver, a SPI task, many tasks for UART and also with two proprietary interpreters. Moreover, the library allows a printout of allocation statistics that will help to understand how the memory is used.

Luca