C++ variants in reentrant bison/flex combination

From: PICHLMEIER Florian
Subject: C++ variants in reentrant bison/flex combination
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:48:24 +0000

Hello,

I am trying to modify an existing nonreentrant bison/flex combination to be
reentrant.
The parser is built from the C++ skeleton lalr1.cc and the scanner with the
plain C version of flex.
Here are the first lines of parser.yy

%skeleton "lalr1.cc" /* -*- C++ -*- */
%require "3.0"
%no-lines
%defines
%define parser_class_name {parser}

%define api.token.constructor
%define api.value.type variant
%define parse.assert

The problem I encounter during compilation is the error "YYSTYPE does not name
type" .
I read through the manual of bison and flex, and tried to find an example
online that combines an reentrant C++ parser C scanner combination
that also uses C++ variants but couldn't find one.
I am using bison 3.0.4 and flex 2.6.1. Can someone here help me with this
problem?

Best regards,
Florian
This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer