Meson build definition

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Meson build definition
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 20:17:24 +0100

Hello,

I am working on a project that uses Bison to generate a parser and Meson
as build system. I would like to include Bison as a subproject [1] in
particular to make it easier for folks to hack on the project on OSes
where managing dependencies is not easy (ie Windows). For this, I would
need to have a Meson build definition for Bison too.

Has anyone worked on building Bison with Meson? If not, I may enough
motivation to try to find the time to port the autotools based build
system to Meson.

Would a Meson based build system something that could be included
upstream? That would make it less likely to bitrot in the near future.
Despite many projects moving to Meson, unfortunately, I don't think that
it yet supports as many niche systems as autotools, thus it may not yet
be desirable for Bison to move away from autotools

Thank you.

Cheers,
Dan

[1] https://mesonbuild.com/Subprojects.html